Our family therapy program is one way to rebuild relationships with your family. By addressing issues in a safe space and improving communication between family members, both young and old, our family therapy program can bring peace and healing to family relationships. If you, your teen, and other extended family members are struggling to see eye to eye and are failing to communicate feelings, concerns, hopes, and fears in a healthy manner reach out to us online or call 970.680.5887 to discuss how our family therapy program can help.
What Is A Family Therapy Program?
A family therapy program is a short-term way to rebuild relationships with family by resolving current conflicts and developing the tools needed to stave off future disputes. Facilitated by a psychologist or a licensed therapist, a family therapy program works to heal and repair the lines of communication within teens and their family. Our family therapy program may include each and every member of your family or only those willing and able to participate. To successfully help you and your teenagers rebuild relationships with family, we will start with a comprehensive assessment. This helps us design a family therapy program that will be personalized based on the exact issues you, your teen, and your family are facing. Suppose mental health issues or substance abuse play a role in the conflicts experienced between family members. In that case, our skilled medical professionals are also trained to address those situations. Our goal is to heal old wounds, provide the tools for future success and improve family relationships for the long term.
What Can A Family Therapy Program Do For Us?
Many of the issues experienced within family relationships may result from mental health struggles, stress, misunderstandings, or even substance abuse disorders. This means your teen or other members of your family could be struggling with multiple disorders simultaneously, causing hurtful words and actions and concerning behavior issues that disrupt family relationships. If your teen is struggling and your daily family life is being frayed, our family therapy program can help.
Attending therapy sessions together as a family can teach several skills and help improve a variety of situations being experienced with children ages 12-17.
Ten things ways family therapy program can help rebuild relationships with family:
- Teach healthier ways of communicating
- Strengthen connections
- Get through stressful situations
- Improve family relationships
- Work through mental health disorders
- Develop empathy
- Encourage better understanding
- Reduce stress, grief, and anger
- Resolve old trauma and current conflicts between parents and children
- Address the danger of substance abuse issues
- Instill valuable lessons for a better future of healthier family relationships
Our family therapy program may be used to effectively rebuild relationships with family while also, at the same time, your teen may participate in additional forms of treatment and therapy to similarly address their anxiety, grief, loss, and trauma.
How to Rebuild Relationships With Family
Lasting one hour or less and running for roughly a dozen sessions, our family therapy program will attempt to accomplish the goals you, your teen, and your family has established. Additionally, your therapist may make professional recommendations before and during the program based on issues that arise in the sessions.
During a family therapy program, you and your teen can expect to:
- Examine the ways you attempt to solve problems within your family
- Discuss how you and your teen can better express your emotions, ideas, and thoughts
- Explore how behaviors impact family relationships
- Identify the strengths of each member of your family and find ways to utilize those strengths
- Develop empathy for the individual trauma and experiences of each family member
- Find common ground to rebuild relationships with family
- Set goals for a healthier and happier future together as a family
Learn More at Imagine Fort Collins
The therapists at Imagine Fort Collins are compassionate and skilled in addressing adolescent and teenage concerns related to the bigger family picture. Contact us online or call us 970.680.5887 today to learn more about how our family therapy program can help you rebuild relationships with family.